Our Dynamic Positioning (DP) Courses will give the students a thorough knowledge of the practical aspects of DP operations. They will be capable of planning and conducting any DP operation, including risk assessment, contingency planning and assessment of vessel capability. We provide dynamic positioning courses for:
- Deck Officers (DP Basic, DP Advanced, DP FMEA familiarization, DP Position Reference Systems, DP Sea Time Reduction);
- ETOs, Engineer Officers (Maintenance of the DP Systems, DP Awareness course);
- Shore staff, other offshore departments (DP Awareness course).
Please visit our training blog to find out more information about:
- Who is Dynamic Positioning Operator (DPO)?
- How to get a DP unlimited certificate? (NEW NI scheme)
Dynamic Positioning is an automated computer system which keeps an offshore vessel in its specified position or heading in deeper waters where anchoring or mooring is not feasible.DP Systems are vital for safety operations such as deep water drilling (Drillships, Mobile Offshore Drilling Units), anchor handling (Anchor handling tug supply vessel operation for anchoring of non-DP MODU), supply for oil rigs and platforms (entry to the 500m safety zone of offshore installation), subsea construction, ROV Support etc. This is a safe, fast and reliable tool to perform daily offshore operations.
Vessels frequently need to conduct operations of a safety-critical nature, close to platforms or other fixed structure. During such operations, it is essential that the vessel is able to perform maximum efficiency, and this includes the competence of Watch keeping Officers, and DP Operators, who must be properly trained.